Sunday, November 30, 2008

Week ending November 30

Week 5


Everything you think will be beautiful, often is not.

Noise and clanging.

Overheard: "Jeff, whip."

Tomorrow needs to be an all fruit day.

Most of us not having the bravery to lie down.

Blaser's The Holy Forest; "wheel turns into ecstasy."

The place you reside being not the place you reside.

How my portionality, which works so well in poetry, does not work so well with others.

"What's the opposite of debit?"

As if if is is.

The moon in his horns.

The airport's antimaterialist insistence.

It's hard to remember the right stories anymore.

I like her languages.

A list of things I forgot.

Instead of "the work," came across Duncan's phrase, "the effort."

That seemed an insincere action, so I got up.

A completely unpolitical femininity - but in its unpoliticalness is a sort of politicalness.

Whatever reason we are here for - it is not to be comfortable.

My mother wants me to write the line "a long way to go for a sunset," but I really liked "you don't often see the sun itself, you just see evidence of the sun."

Children playing with fire, and we watch.

Advent is a countdown.